Get your property taxes lowered! Don’t miss Nassau County’s deadline!
Legislator David Denenberg of Merrick told the following to Newsday last month;
”We’ve gotten to the point where the assessments make no sense. The reductions make no sense. The effect on your taxes makes no sense. And the only thing that makes sense is to challenge your assessment.”
We believe all Nassau County residents should heed the legislator’s call to action and challenge your assessment.
Nassau County Facts
- Ranks #1 highest property taxes in America according to The Tax Foundation
- Use’s complex property classification systems that can make the effective tax rates especially misleading, said Tim Hoefer director of the Empire Center
- Under NYS law filing a Property Tax Grievance cannot raise your Property Taxes
- Any homeowners in Nassau County that misses the Property Tax Grievance deadline of May 1st 2013, must wait until March 2014
- If you want to lower your Monthly Mortgage Bill and save money, this is one of the easiest ways
- No one will visit your home from the Assessor’s or our office
Ways to Apply:
- Submitting an online application is the easiest and fastest way. Click this link to apply for Nassau County Tax Grievance
- Click this link if you prefer to print out the application in PDF form and fax it to 631-782-3174
- Or you can call us at 631-782-3177